Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pink's Hot Dog - Los Angeles

Rating: GAP chungbajee



You want to go to Pink's hot dog if you are dying to try a LA hot spot that is always on the food network. I only suggest this place for the so called 'it' factor. If you are looking for a delicious hot dog, Pink's is not that the place for mouth watering food. You have to wait on line for 40 minutes to order your food. You need 40 minutes anyways to read the enormous amount of choices on the menu and decide what you want to eat.



The first time I went with Jocelyn, I got The chilly bacon hot dog and a spicy polish dog. The chilly bacon one was better. Then I went again with the girls. I got a tamale with chilli because I love tamales. But I will never get it again. It is swimming in chilli and you can't even see or taste the tamale. Sungsill got one with guac and bacon. It was tasty. Mari got the new york dog - but it was a fake me out grey's papaya. Ruth got a spicy polish dog which I've had before. Tastes like a normal polish dog. Nothing too special about it. I gave this a GAP rating because I will only go back when visitor's are in town and they want to go to the famous Pink's. It is nice however that there is a parking lot and there is seating inside and out back.






Pink's is only 8th on my list of great hot dogs. Hot dogs that surpass Pink's:


1. Sonoran hot dogs from el gureo canero in Tucson, AZ which is amazingly bacon wrapped with tomatos, onions, guac, sour creme...yum.

2. Manoush in front of GW in DC with his crazy curry topping. It is worth the hour long wait - even though I have not seen manoush in over 2 years. what happeend to him?
3. Grey's Papaya in NY with red onions and nice chewy casings
4. Five Guys bacon dog with ketchup, mustard, onions, and jelepenos
5. Polish dog from Venice or City walk
6. Costco Polish Hot Dog
7. Ben's chill bowl - better chilli than Pink's

2 comments:

  1. I love the Sonoran hotdogs. True Religion rating for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyy pinks! actually..I need to take you to roscoes still, so you can review that!

    ReplyDelete