Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yamenah

I had my session with my new trainer today. Yamenah! I have no idea how to spell her name, but that looks good to me. She is awesome! She is energetic and informative. She watched everything I did and told me what I was doing wrong and counted for me. I think I will enjoy meeting with the trainer more. We didn't get on one machine. She made me do everything standing in the hallway. It was fun. I sweated more than I ever sweated before. She is a professional dancer. Awesome. I like my new trainer. I'm glad I switched. But I did see my old trainer and it was so awkward. I didn't talk to him. I meant to call him before my session today, but I didn't. I wish I did. Just to say thanks and why it didn't work out. Now he probably thinks I just don't like him.

Before my session I warmed up on the treadmill. I was running and my heart rate was 157. At that point I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. It hurt. Um...that is NOT good. I am definitely not in shape. My target heart rate is 139 and my max heart rate is 178. If my heart rate was 178 I think my heart would REALLY burst. Poor heart. And it is not good that before heading to the gym I watched an episode of house while eating dinner where his girl had to get a heart transplant. Wonderful. That show freaks me out, but I keep watching it.

My trainer also told me to eat carbs only once a day. GREAT! I love carbs. What will I do. How do I live without rice?! Ack!

I think I had a very productive day today. I got home and ate dinner right away. Some left over spaghetti. Yeah not really healthy food. But whatever. I still only ate 1168 calories today!!! WOOHOO! Maybe today I had a 1500 calorie deficit because I worked out. I skipped my 100 calorie snack pack too =D Planning what to eat helps a lot. Packing all the food for the day during work and having dinner ready to nuke makes life easier when it comes to food. I'm not wondering what to eat and starving on the way home. I think when I am starving I start craving those oh so unhealthy foods. Because when I am starving, I just want everything. Hopefully I don't go too crazy on this weekend.

After dinner I cooked my lunch for tomorrow. Stir fry again! Hye young's recipe of course. If you didn't read before, her stir fry recipe is throw everything in the pan with some oyster sauce. So today's stir fry consists of 1 chicken breast, 1 package of tofu, 6 asparagus, half a yellow onion, and half a korean cabbage. I will eat this for lunch and dinner tomorrow. Maybe I will share with Annie if she wants to try my concoction. It's not that flavorful, but I love cooked cabbage and green stuff like broccoli and asparagus. So even without a lot of sauce, I like it. My breakfast again is scrambled egg whites with spinach and a chille tortilla. But this time I only packed half the tortilla. I also have the other half of my grapefruit from yesterday and edamame.

I bought the package of precooked edamame from costco that you just thaw, so I'm waiting to eat all of it so I can have a new snack. If you want simple, get the costco edamame. I just take a handful, wash it, and then put it in my container. The next day it is all thawed and nice for eating. They also have individually packed edamame at wegman's. There is no wegmans in california. I miss wegmans. I tried getting the big bags of edamame and boiling it myself, but it never comes out right. I don't know how much salt to put in it or how long to cook it. My ex coworkers always told me KISS! Keep it simple stupid. However, I believe the last S really stands for something else that can not be said in the workplace without a report to the ethics officer.

I finished making my lunch just in time to go to the gym. I came home the same exact time as Annie and Linn. We were driving into the garage together. We chit chatted and I made Linn dinner. It was fun making someone else food! I love making other people food. Annie just ate cereal.

3 comments:

  1. why did annie just eat cereal? your lunch meals look so small, i think i eat ALOT of calories in one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie barely eats! I need to learn from her. ahha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! KISS~ the last S stands for... "SOB"? ssaeki? shit-face? ssagaji? which one are you thinking of Jean?

    ReplyDelete