Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ono Hawaiian BBQ vs L&L Hawaiian BBQ

Rating: Levi's chungbajee

So yesterday I skipped lunch at work. After working 12 hours with only breakfast, I went to the first place I saw after dropping off HY. It was Ono Hawaiian BBQ. I just have to say that Ono's is way better than L&L. I got the seafood mix which had fried mahi mahi, fried shrimp, and chicken. The chicken was more tender and flavorful than L&L. The mac was better as well. The sauces were also better. The sweet and sour sauce has a little strange kick to it, but I liked it. I also got spam masubi. Ono puts a sauce in it. I wanted to think it was soy sauce, but it was a little sweet. I couldn't tell what it was. Though, I do like how L&L wraps a small piece of seaweed around the middle instead of wrapping the whole thing like Ono. Also, the only other thing that is better at L&L is the fried shrimp. The shrimp at Ono was smaller and thinner and you couldn't really taste the shrimp. I will be going back to Ono's when the mood is right. I will have to try the katsu next time which is what everyone raves about.

No comments:

Post a Comment