Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Snacking

So Michi has gotten me into the 100 calorie snack packs. The problem is...you can't forget to only eat ONE! hahaha.

After trying so many different meal plans over the years including eating 'clean' (too much throught and work for this) and nutrisystem (NASTY!) and diet to go (pretty good but pricey), I decided that it doesn't matter WHAT I eat, but HOW MUCH I eat. So forget eating Clean and healthy. Just eat LESS calories!

Basically to lose 1 pound a week you have to have a 500 calorie deficit each day. Meaning burn 500 more calories more than you eat. This can be done by working out more, or eating less. My goal is to have a 1000 calorie deficit everyday to lose 2 pounds a week. This will be done by working out more AND eating less. I'm still shaky getting started, but i JUST started! So i am giving myself some cushion these 1st 2 weeks. I'm trying to get into the grove of working out everyday and packing my food everyday and starting to count my calories. It's VERY aggrevating counting calories. Especially because it is so hard to measure calories of korean food!

These are some great articles on snacking by women's health
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/healthy-snacks?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-2009_Apr_15-_-Dose-_-readon

Check out this quiz. You can see what snacks are 100 calories. It's awesome because it shows you real food! including lots of junk food! and how much of it you can eat for a small 100 calorie snack.
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/100-calories-quiz

Yesterday I ate 1433 calories. I need to go down to 1200 calories a day.

So far today: 230 Calories eaten
Tea
2 Kashi bluberry waffles
3 hard boiled egg whites
Saracha Sauce

1 comment:

  1. This post is soo good! I love when bloggers say what they eat and what they bought each day! You should add a weekly total of how much you've lost since you started!

    ReplyDelete