Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Honolulu



I am currently reading Honolulu. My one purchase for myself here in Claifornia. Other than my La mer face sunblock. I bought this at Barnes and Nobles at the grove while waiting for Yoojung, Sungsill, and Lisette to arrive after their crazy trip to the fashion district right after hopping off the plane. It is about a korean woman born in the late 1800s who ends up moving to Hawaii. So far it is about this girl named regretful. Her parents named her regretful because she was not a boy. I don't know how I could have grown up during that time period. However, the book jacket says that the story is about 4 picture brides in Hawaii. Obviously, I did not get that far in the book yet. I love reading books that have history in it. It may be fiction, but you get a glimpse the past. I hated history class in school and always barely passed. Espeically US history. But after living in Italy and meeting all these people from around the world, I started getting very interested in other cultures and history. I used to read wikipedia during boring lectures about wars and historical events. Granted, I forgot everything I read. Also me and my roommate there read a lot of books. She had a lot of books about the "olden days" of different cultures. That's how I really got into it. But don't get me wrong...Twilight is still my favorite series, with shopoholic and harry potter as a close 2nd and 3rd.

1 comment:

  1. That so weird you posted this. My boss was just telling me that I should read this on Monday!

    ReplyDelete