Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making my way to the Hollywood Bowl


photo from nowpublic.net

so i started playing violin again. i am so obsessed. i got it out of the closet in arizona and made my mom bring it with her when she helped me move in. when i took it out of the closet i started trying to play and our dog got so scared he ran down the stairs like there was a fire and hid behind the couch. HAHAHA.

my violin has been collecting dust since 1995. all the strings sounded like the same note. so sungsill tuned it for me. and then when the girls were here i played twinkle twinkle little star. it was HORRIBLE. ahahah. poor girls. i made them suffer through it. but to my surprise - not one person told me to stop. how sweet. i thought i forgot everything and i even forgot how to read music and asked HY to give me some refresher courses because she is really good. But it was like riding a bike. amazing! i opened up my suzuki volume 1 and everything just came back and i started playing. CRAZY. Don't get me wrong though, i am absolutely positively HORRIBLE. Every morning and every night I play a few songs just to get the feel of the violin back in my fingers. i haven't had a real practice session yet because I have been getting home late this week.

This weekend me and HY are going to treck to the music store to get new strings for our violins and guitars. My guitar will be happy to see some daylight as well. I also need a new bow. And rosin. And a music stand. And a soft case for my guitar so I can bring it to the beach for our beach jam sessions. That's for guitar, not violin. However, we are gonna jam on our violins also. We will attempt to play a Canon in D duet for our youtube debut. We're waiting for someone to ask us to play at their wedding...hint hint miriam...jisun. PUHAHAHAHA!

1 comment: