Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Season

Tomorrow is Yoojung's birthday. Well it would be considered today on the east coast. When I was about to post a nice birthday blog, I realized that I forgot to give a shout out to jisun who's birthday just passed.


Every year in the start of spring, we have a massive birthday blowout for 4-5 weeks straight. Starting with Jisun on April 15, Yoojung on April 23, Jungeun on April 25, Sungsill on May 4, and Lisette on May 10. Every weeknd is a birthday celebration usually filled with food and alcohol. A lot of planning is involved. Trying to think of something 'original' to do for 5 people in a row is pretty challenging. In the end we usually end up eating dinner and heading out to get trashed beyond comprehension. After good plans for birthday celebrations pan out, massive amounts of evites start shooting out. Schedules must be cleared for these 5 birthday weekends. Yes, this is the dreaded birthday season,as we call it. However!! However...I secretly love the birthday season. I long for the birthday season. The dreaded birthday season means that I get to plan 5 awesome birthday parties (an obsession of mine). The dreaded birthday season means that I get to spend 5 weekends in a row with the friends I love without interruptions from family engagements, significant others, and just life's events that we must tend to. Besides December which includes MY birthday of course and Christmas and New Years Eve, this dreaded birthday season is probably my 2nd favorite time of the year. I guess if someone asked me which were my favorite holidays I would say Christmas and the Birthday Season. It may not be a holiday to you, but it is a holiday to me.


This year, now living in California, I am missing my 2nd favorite holiday! As we get older, I guess we get either lazier or smarter. The first batch of birthdays including Jisun, Yoojung, and Jungeun came with a joint celebration with a BBQ at at the park and a night of crazy kfun at section 2. Looking at the pictures makes me nostalgic and sad to have missed a great time. Here are the birthday girls!







The next birthday up is Sungsills. And then Lisette's. I cannot divulge what was planned for their birthdays since it has not happened yet. But I am already disappointed to be missing them both!


The pictures below are from the past birthday celebrations. I am only posting these to make sure you know that I am not there now, but I WAS! and don't forget that you beeps!


Cake I made with Rebecca for Jisun's birthday in Richmond.

Cake I made for Jisun's birthday in Va Beach

Cupcakes and mini cakes I made for Yoojung (Mari) and Jungeun's birthday at Alto Plaza
Birthday girls at alto plazo
Sungsill wearing her pink birthday presents.
Italian feast I made for Sungsill's birthday
Awesome cupcakes and LIS cookie made by Sungsill for Lisette's birthday


So Birthday girls: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN! Thank you for being born. Thank you for being my friend. Don't forget about me now that I left the east coast. Much love! And of course...WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!! You should also feel honored that I think of your birthdays as a holiday.


--I do have to say that the girls did throw me an AWESOME birthday weekend this past December. I was actually surprised for once in my life! Because no one can keep secrets from me. Thank you Thank you.


(Even though I secretly love birthday season. This year I actually secretly loved NOT having to plan anything and just sitting back and sending nice hallmark cards. Shhhh don't tell.)

6 comments:

  1. I love those cakes. My fav is the white one with pink frosting! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes look so good! My birthday is in Nov, can you make me one? I'll even come visit you for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...you are so sweet unnie.

    Now, you have to bake me a cake. You have 8 months to prepare. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWww you almost made me cry. I am so lucky~ you baked for me so many times. I missed you so much this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!!!! thanks for posting my scandolous golf-skirt picture!!! wowsy... but it doesn't distract me away from the fact that I NEVER GOT a special cake-decorating-class-project cake for any event!! never even saw any of those cakes...except the one i made fro lis! that italian feast was pretty fannnnntastic tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O M G! YES I DID! i MAde you cupcakes! and then i made it an activity! cupcake decorating. REMEMBER?!?!?!!? I did that because you like to decorate! so i made it a DIY project. gosh!

    ReplyDelete