Monday, April 20, 2009

Annie's Arrival!

Annie and Linn have finally arrived.  YIPEE!  Welcome to California!   They looked totally spent.  I'm so happy to see them.  YAY to another friend in LA!  We had a nice cold beer together. My first one in a long time.  Linn set up my wireless with no help to Annie!  Annie tried for about 2 minutes and she didn't know jack. What kinda Computer scientist is that?  It took forever, but Linn got it to work.  YAYEE!  Finally!  Thanks Linn.  I have been living without wireless since I moved in more than a month ago.  This caused me not to go on the internet very much at home. 

 So Annie kept telling me that I better blog about her being here, but she keeps talking to me and I can't concentrate.  She is just rambling on and on about everything in the world like she has not talked to another human in a month.   They also videoed their trip.  We watched it on my huge HD tv and it was awesome. The sky was so beautiful. Annie and Linn were so dorky making fake movie trailers to sappy music.  But their kids will love it some day!



So after work today I headed to whole foods to get some fruits and veggies.  But I ended up spending more than an hour roaming around the store.  I have not gone shopping since my move at all.  The only thing I bought was a book and baby clothes for HG's baby's 1st birthday.Keeping the bank account full is a very hard task. Therefore, shopping for necessities has become an enjoyed pastime for me.  I spent 15 minutes in the tea aisle.  I was looking for green tea to help my digestive system.  I really wanted to get this tea which is green tea with assorted fruits.  I wanted the mango one.  But it was a whopping 9.99 for a canister filled with 15 tea bags.  So I moved on and got myself a Tazo green leaf one.  

I also checked out the hot food area.  They have a pizza area just like in Italy!  They cut slices from these long pizzas and sell it to you by the weight.  But in Italy they have either these long oval shaped pizzas or square ones that are a litte thicker.  But not as thick as what we call the 'scicilian pizza' here in the states.  I liked the square pizzas better.  But I had a very nostalgic moment at whole foods in front of the pizza section.

After my weekend trip home and my indulgent moment at El guerro canelo, I am now getting back on track.  For my breakfast tomorow I made an egg white and spinach scramble in a chille torilla.  For lunch I have a turkey burger with asparagas.  I like asparagas, but I never really cooked it before. I don't know what to do with it. So I just put it in the pan with some salt and pepper.  And I also have half a pink grapefruit and some edamame and a snack pack to give me some energy throughout the day.  Tomorrow I meet with my new trainer!  Gosh - back in workout mode.  It's a good thing that I have a trainer because if I didn't have a session tomorrow I would have just said "'I'll just get back on track after this weekend'.  

So everyone in korea makes these sponges.  The first time I saw it was at Yoomi's house.  I was so intrigued.  I don't know why. But you can put it in the microwave to kill the germies.  Or put it out in the sun.  Then I saw one at yoojungs house. And my mom had them too!  This time when I went home, I snagged three of them!  My mom's friend's mom made them all and gave it to her.  So I have a new business venture in mind to make these and sell it I don't know how it will work out.  I want to make cute animals and other things.  I think people would like them.  Michi suggested I look at Etsy.  and i found a lot of crocheted sponges.  But these are made out of special yarn I think? I don't know.  But no one talked about microwaving them!  So maybe these are a little different.  I will keep you posted on my new business venture....if it ever comes to life.

And off to bed we go.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I wish I was living with you guys! Annie is fun to live w/. She's gonna start picking on your face w/ a safety pin to pop all your blackheads and whiteheads.

    I saw a sponge plant in Korea... It's actually some weird chinese squash looking vegetable that they use to make the sponge. I will show u a picture of it later. but u need that plant to make those sponges~!

    ReplyDelete