Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 64 in LA: Love my hands

I love anything that I can create with my hands.  My friends call me Ghetto Martha.  I just love doing anything "martha stewart" but it never comes out so great.  Hence...the ghetto.  But I just love when something is created with blood sweat and tears (exaggeration).  

So...hand creation one: STILL violining!  I still sound horrible of course, but still practicing.  I only end up practicing for about 10 minutes everyday. But it is not because i don't want to. I would like to jam all night. But I feel bad for my neighbors that have to listen to the sound of my squeaky violin.  Here is my attempt at The Can Can. This is a version from a book that I bought that comes with an accompaniment CD.  That's why there are so many pauses and breaks in it.  Also I messed up a few times of course. After lots of practicing I will attempt to play WITH the accompaniment.  But right now, the symphony on the CD goes so fast that I cannot keep up.


Hand creation two: Hye young randomly wanted to decorate cupcakes.  And my boss is having a bake sale at work tomorrow to help someone on our team to raise money for Kids with brain tumors.  I think she is doing something called ride for kids. Where she rides on her motorcycle.  COOL!  We made french vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  They are VERY GHETTO.  Cream cheese frosting does not have the consistency like buttercream frosting does to decorate.  So trying to get melting runny cream cheese frosting to hold any sort of shape is very difficult.  We don't know how those cupcake people make thick cream cheese frosting.  Next time I will try to chill the frosting before attempting to use it.  We were running out of frosting, so some of them had to just get a thin layer to cover it and some nuts on top for aesthetics.  We ended up putting it in the freezer also because there was no room in HY's fridge.  Even though they are not so great looking, they do taste delicious!  I am once again cupcaked out!




As for the rest of my weekend...
Friday - went to good friday service at a new church.  Huge korean church.  I liked it.  Went to get boba on Sawtelle.  Not that good.  I think the place is called Volcano Tea. Won't be going there again.  Should have gone to yogurtland across the street!  And I also got some cool lunch containers at the cheap japanese store next to it!  Then came home and tried to stay awake as long as possible watching tv, but fell asleep around midnight.  
Saturday - Went to my first training session!  Did crazy ab workouts.  Then went to costco and krn mkt with HY like ajumas.  It was very tiring.  Came home and cleaned and finally saw slumdog millionaire!  good movie.
Sunday - Woke up TOTALLY soar!  OUCH.  my stomach muscles ache like crazy. hurts when I move and even cough or laugh.  How will I train tomorrow?  Went to Easter service at same new church. I like the pastor. I think I may keep going to this one.  Need to find a small group.  Oh and I packed my lunch in my new lunch containers =D!  Which is what I will end today's blog with.

Hand Creation Three: Making tomorrow's lunch!

On the left: Little container has 3 hard boiled egg whites with saracha sauce. This is for my breakfast which I ill have with a wheat blueberry kashi waffle.  Also, edamame to have as a late afternoon snack.

On the right: two little containers of fruit for snacks during the day.  The fruit is called 'keguri chameh'! Have you ever heard of that or seen that? Translated to English it would be FROG MELON!  What the?  But it tastes good!  It's a mix between honeydew and chameh (don't know english name) which is a yellow melon normally found at the korean market.  My lunch portion is the bulgogi and veggies next to it.  Under the bulgogi is a bed of red rice.  The veggies consist of many different kinds of 'namul' (I don't know how to say that in english - basically veggies like dicon radish, bean sprouts, spinach, some kind of roots, etc) and some ggochoojang (red pepper paste) is hiding in there too. This is for none other than...BIMBIMBAP!  YUM!  I also have two 100 calorie snack packs.  

I am starting to try and eat healthy again. I don't know if this is considered healthy, BUT every other time I try to be healthy I go to the extreme and then I can't take it anymore eating "healthy food" 24-7, that I start binging a lot. So this time I decided to eat sort of normal food, but in smaller portions.  And whenever possible, substitute healthier foods if the taste is still good.  i.e. Michi told me to get 100 calorie snack packs.  My weakness is chips!  At costco I found 100 calorie doritos brand chips!  It includes sunchips, cheetos, and something else.  So I can still have my chips but I will eat the 100 calorie kind for a small satisfaction instead of binging on a whole bag of chips after trying so hard to "diet."  

And....another week begins...

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love you blog! The bento box is so cute! I've been wanting to make them, but WAY too lazy. Have you been to Daiso? They have all kinds of Bento box stuff for super cheap. Also, I know you're on a diet but have you tried Sprinkles cupcakes? So much better than Magnolia. I heard you can buy the mix at William Sonoma now. Hehe this comment is as long as a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Where are you working out? 24?

    ReplyDelete