Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sake House

I went to Sake House tonight with Annie. 

RATING: TRUE RELIGION!

I am very picky about my sushi.  I LOVE sushi.  I grew up on sushi.  I can eat sushi every night.  I just love the texture. And the fresh taste.  When people ask me my favorite food, I usually say sushi.  But picking a favorite food is hard, always depends on my mood.  My very favorite type of fish is yellow tail and fatty tuna.  The only better sashimi I have had is at NOBU.  The yellow tail with jalapeno at Nobu is orgasmic.  Can't beat that.    But other than that yellowtail dish at Nobu, the rest of the sushi has the same quality and taste in my book.  This picture does not do the place any justice at all.  I already started eating the dish before I took picture. And of course it is off my blackberry, so it is not great quality and I did not get the whole dish in the picture.  

Sake House is on the corner of Santa Monica and 4th.  I think.  I'm pretty sure it is.  It's very cozy.  There are a lot of tables though.  We sat at the sushi bar.  Annie got a spicy tuna roll and I of course got the Chirashi.  This is usually what I order when I eat sushi.  I think Chirashi is the best deal when it comes to eating sushi. You get to try all the different fish for a cheaper price.  But chirashi is a hit or miss kind of dish.  Bad sushi restaurants will give you only tuna and salmon with little stuff on the side.  Good sushi restaurants give you a good assortment of fish.  At Sake House, not only was the assortment vast, but the size of each sashimi piece was generous, and it was very fresh.  The spicy tuna was very good and spicy!!!  The spicy tuna is not really that spicy at most places.  The spicy tuna here made my cheeks get really hot.  This is my new favorite spot in Santa Monica!!!  I already know that I will frequent this restaurant many times.  

They also have dishes with seared pieces of fish like albacore and yellowtail.  Two pieces of albacore were in my chirashi. and let me tell you, it was AMAZING.  DELICIOUS.  Now I know where to take visitors.  

Also, me and Annie downed 2 bottles of Ginro cold sake.  Wonderful. There goes my workout.  But it was worth it. It is the first night that I actually went out and did something since I moved to LA on Feb 8.  I let loose and had a great time.  Thanks Annie!  Annie is also a good nagging voice.  She made me workout today. I mean literally MADE me.  I whined and groaned all day, the whole way there, and even after.  But I felt good after.  Except that we downed the 2 bottles of sake.   But Annie did not let me get pinkberry after sushi.  I pouted the whole way home.  Then I came home and had a 100 calorie snack pack because I was drunk and hungry.  Might as well have let me eat my pinkberry!  

I think this place may be new.  I googled it and I only found one listing on yelp.  And the yelp listing only had one review.  How can no one have reviewed this restaurant on yelp!?

A side note: This place looks like it is korean owned.  Everyone looked japanese, but later they were speaking korean to each other.  It was a fake me out.  No matter, it was delicious!  


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Yey a True Religion! I want sushi too now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! I had no idea why you were talking about true religion jeans until now. I just read your chungbajee ratings. that's funny. who made that up? HJK? hyojin? it's cute.

    ReplyDelete