Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Missing those extravagant purchases

Living in Los Angeles has changed the way that I budget my money.  I went from making $200 plus purchases on almost a daily basis to $0 dollar purchases!  The line between necessities and wants has definitely been drawn with a big thick black line.  I never realized how much money I spent on shopping till I stopped shopping.  You would think that getting a raise meant you would have more money.  But it doesn't help that rent is double and taxes are higher!  So in reality, I have less money.  WHAT in the world. 

I have been wanting an espresso maker.  And I came across this one today.  A handheld espresso maker!  I WANT IT!  $169.  I guess in the long run it is cheaper than getting a Grande Americano from starbucks everyday.  But when is the "long-run" ever over?  I live in the hear and now.  The long run does me no good.  HOWEVER - my favorite season IS coming up.  MY BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS all in one swoop.  So...here is what on my list!  And the only thing on my list!  Handheld Espresso Maker!  http://shop.mypressi.com/-strse-Retail-Products/Categories.bok



2 comments:

  1. Let's do a Return on Investment analysis. You should be able to whip that up in no time. I use that thingy you bought me from Italy to froth the milk in my pretend cappucinos all the time! It's great =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And YES the frother works fantastically and makes enough for two cappuccinos. Did you check out the blog linked from my entry? She even made a collage of me =)

    ReplyDelete