Monday, October 12, 2009

LA life in perspective

After the last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that my LA life is all about pursuing things I enjoy and checking out all the fun cafes and stores that LA has to offer.  It has really taken a long time for me to adjust.  I was in a rutt for the first six months here missing my friends and whatnot.  But after going painting at color me mine and going sailing, I think it's time to do what I've been wanting to do!!!

1.  Pottery class.  Where you throw pots on the spinning wheel!
2.  Sailing lessons.  Oh so fun. 
3.  Golf lessons.  I will be asking for golf clubs this christmas
4.  Tennis lessons. I need to put my new Babolot to good use!
5.  Write my book.
6.  Practicing violin and guitar again

I kept talking about doing these things and even looked up prices and everything. But I never followed thru.  I always had excuses. NO MORE excuses.  I need to follow thru.  Enjoy what LA has to offer.  This whole time I just kept trying to find a group of friends like my own back home.  (In home I mean my friends in Nova and my friends from AZ).  Wow it's hard.  Because no one is like them of course!  And i will never have the history I have with them with any new friends.  It takes a lot of effort to build new friendships.  And I have great friends here already which keeps me from being more open to meeting new people. 

But I have a new perspective on life.  It's time to take care of ME!  Like I'm going to the gym everyday. Almost everyday that is.  I've been doing a lot of fun stuff and life is becoming a little bit more exciting.  Now i just need to follow thru.  And also I need to stop church hopping.  I need to pick one and settle down.  Hopefully that will happen soon. 

I'm starting to enjoy LA more and more as the days go by.  I'm going to try and stop thinking about how I will settle down here. And when will I get married.  Or have kids.  I need to really take every day for what it's worth.  What is settling down anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment