Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello Kitty visits Royal/T

This past weekend was the opening of the Fabulous Hello Kitty Exhibit at Royal T in Culver City.  HY and I decided to check it out on Saturday night.  The whole day was filled with Hello Kitty events.  By the time we found out about the opening festivities, all the workshops were filled up like jewelry and bento box making. I was thouroughly upset that I missed out on this opportunity, but obviously it wasn't the end of the world.  We decided to go in the evening when they had a karaoke dance party.  We pulled up to the front of Royal T and the line was out the door!  We had no idea Hello Kitty was so popular.  The diversity of people ranged so much.  There was HY and I in our usual somewhat conservative east coast look, there were mothers and fathers, cute little couples on a date, crazy people dressed harajuku style, artsy fartsy people wearing lace fishnet stockings with short skirts and boots, black, white, hispanic, asian.  Everyone was there.  And I mean everyone!
 I don't want to show too many photos of the Exhibit so for those of you in LA, you can go check it out and see some cool stuff. But I will divulge a few photographs for those of you who are not in LA!
As soon as you walk in you are greeted by this humungous hot air balloon Hello Kitty Style.  In the Royal/T cafe, they even have a Hello Kitty menu complete with Hello Kitty waffles and pancakes.  And what kid would not be enticed by a Hello Kitty gumball machine?


These are for Michi:  I kmow you wanted a pink kitchen, or have one?  The hello Kitty trailer, which will be auctioned off on ebay was there for us to enjoy as well.  This trailer was definitely decked out HK style.




















 This is for Dina and Becky.  I took this picture thinking of both you.  Do you love that ball or what!?




This is for Hyoj and Yooj for your appreciation of wierd art












Sungsill - How many awesome teaparties would you have with this!?  Except these are minitures.



Yes - I think I have owned this many phone charms in my life.



Who wears this stuff??  Brittney Spears.  Puhahaha.



 The exhibit ends November 15th.  Definitely check it out if you are in the LA area.  They have events every weekend, but you can look at the exhibit anytime.  The food there is actually pretty good.  I suggest the Katsu sandwich or sliders.  Or to go with the theme, get the hello kitty pancakes.  =D

4 comments:

  1. OMG OMG I soooo want to go. I'm going to see how much plane tix are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i dont know if it is worth flying here for. ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on one of the other blogs I read. I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that's pretty awesome! I like your write up :)

    ReplyDelete