Thursday, October 8, 2009

King's Hawaiian

I finally got to go to King's Hawaiian. I love love King's Hawaiian bread in the supermarket. When I discovered this restaurant on yelp I was ecstatic. But I never had the chance to check it out. So...I dragged Dina here! I don't have a picture of the bakery, but all the desserts look o so good.

We started with spam musubi. Sorry King's hawaiian but yuck. Tasted like imitation spam. Is that even possible?

The pork sandwich was great though! Hawaiian pork. Forget what it's called. I want to say kaluha pork but that's the alcohol.

portugese sausage. Yum. I was obsessed with this when I was in hawaii. Why is it so good?

BEST red velvet cupcake EVER! The frosting is like carrot cake frosting. and I LOVE carrot cake. Sorry gtown cupcakes!

They had rainbow bread in the bakery. I bought one! But it doesn't taste like sweet bread. Tastes like normal white bread. but still fun!

Final Review? The food was mediocre. Typical food you find in Hawaii. And i didn't really like the food in hawaii. But the bakery is great.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Omg did you try the paradise cake? It's 3 layers/colors (I think lime, guava and strawberry) and topped w/ whipped cream frosting. Kris' parents drive all the way to Torrance for family bday parties/bbqs b/c it's so awesome and we all love it!

    ReplyDelete