Tuesday, August 11, 2009

La Pain Quotidien

Location:
316 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401

Rating: GAP

Hye young and I brought lisette to La Pain Quotidien for brunch. This was our second visit. The first time we went we fell in love with the decor, the french accented waiters, and the fake me out nutella spreads! We ate a ton of bread just to eat the nutella, butter, and jams. It was so good. I also had a tartine with smoked salmon which was less than memorable.

This time I got a soft boiled egg with bread and a cup of mushroom soup, their soup of the day. I can live on bread and butter, but this time it wasn't so satisfying. I really don't like the bread there, just the spreads. Lisette got a chicken tartine and she didn't appreciate it either. I think Hye Young foreced herself to eat the bread just to eat the butter. The soft boiled egg had raw egg white in it. I love raw yolk, but not raw egg whites. The mushroom soup was bland.

This is actually a cute cafe like place. I would recommend it to people who like that kind of thing. I just think this second time around, our server was soooo rude that I didn't enjoy my experience or my food! Next time i'll just go to Bay Cities across the street and get a loaf of bread and a jar of nutella.

If I ever visit La Pain Quotidien again, I will order the quiche Lorraine and hope that this quaint cafe can revive its ratings.






Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. WHATDAFRIK!!! this is the EXACT same place I HAD BRUNCH at this past saturday tooo!! in old town~ gnarly

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt like that place...it's a chain... alex likes it for some reason

    ReplyDelete