Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fritto Misto

Location:
601 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90407

Rating: LEVI'S

Annie and Linn raved about this cute Italian restaurant down the street from our place. It is BYOB with a corkage fee. I finally made my way there with Lisette and Hye Young this weekend. I wouldn't say it is terribly authentic and I wouldn't say it's the best Italian food I ever had, but it is good enough to be the neighborhood Italian joint. I had the Garlic shrimp with black and white spaghetti. I thought the sauce would be more about olive oil and garlic, but it was very creamy. And the noodles were overdone. I have grown to like al dente noodles (supposedly, that's the way it is supposed to be), but it was good enough. The shrimp was cooked very well though. Hye young and Lisette the mushroom ravioli with basil pesto sauce. It had sundried tomatoes on top which I love. It was pretty tasty. Their bread is nice and warm and fresh too. You can almost rate a restaurant just by the free bread they serve! This restaurant however does not have bolognese sauce (regular meat sauce) AND they did not have spaghetti/Linguine with clams!!!! How could any good Italian restaurant NOT have linguine with clams?! So that kinda sucked. The generous portions do make up for that I guess. This restaurant does not skimp on your pasta!

I am ready to go back and try something else yummy.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment