Monday, August 31, 2009

I got Burned!

I just got burned...by my mother.

I was supposed to go home to Arizona this weekend for Labor Day since I have a nice 4 day weekend. I haven't been home for a while. I can't even remember when I went. I was looking forward to lazy days on the couch with my dog.

Now my plans have changed because my mom's best friend from Korea is coming into town. So naturally, my mother has decided to come to LA. I'm disappointed that I can't see my doggie. But, I'm glad I don't have to travel again. It kind of worked out because now I get to meet up with old friends who will be in town this weekend.

So today I call up my mom and ask her if she wants to go to a fancy shmancy restaurant in Hollywood. Basically - I wanted her to take me. Here is our conversation:

Me: Want to go to a 'keun sah han' (really fancy) restaurant in hollywood?
Mom: Where?
Me: Just any fancy restaurant
Mom: Yeah we'll go, you go play with your friends
Me: What? No, take me. I want to go. I'll make reservations.
Mom: NO. We'll go by oursevles. Go play with your friends.

Can I say anything other than O M G? I totally got dissed by my mom! Yea mom - see if I wake up at 5am to take you to fashion district on saturday!!!

So now I'm so bitter that I am looking for a resort down in OC to send them off to. I'll play with my friends in LA, mom can go play with her friends somewhere else!

Bitter daughter.

On a side note: Mom definitely deserves a vacation with her closest friend with no other burdens...like her kids (me).

No comments:

Post a Comment