Monday, August 17, 2009

Blue Marlin

Went to Sawtelle last night and ate at Blue Marlin with some peeps. The menu is really interesting. It's a japanese restaurant, but the big parts of the menu are omoorice and pasta. If you are craving omoorice I suggest Blue Marlin. But the class omoorice (to me) is with ketchup splattered all over it. They didn't have any with ketchup.

HY and I shared an UNI omoorice. It was a cream sauce made out of Uni. It was really good actually. The actual rice only had a few veggies in it. Like carrots, which I hate. But of course, the rice was mixed in ketchup - yum!

We also had the green tea fried ice cream: EW! This is the worst fried ice cream I ever had. The batter on the outside was really thin and the ice cream on the inside was melting! They must not have had pre-made ones sitting in the freezer! So how do you make fried ice cream? You dip a scoop of ice cream in the batter. Then you must freeze the whole thing. That way when you plop it in the oil for a few seconds, the ice cream inside is still frozen! Ours didn't turn out like this. So I'm thinking they made it fresh. Bad idea. yuck.

I should have taken more photos, but I didn't want to keep anyone from eating their food. The tonkatsu omoorice looked good. Just plain omoorice with huge pieces of tonkatsu on top. The seafood omoorice looked great. It had a good amount of seafood and a creamy white sauce.

Rating: LEVI'S

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment