Sunday, December 20, 2009

First LA Birthday Celebration!

In the words of Sai: "you are only 28 +2 days"

First I want to thank everyone for a really wonderful birthday. I love birthdays. Everyone should look forward to birthdays. As selfish as it sounds, with all the craziness in every day life, it's so nice to have people pamper you on your birthday. It's just one day out of the year where you are the star of your life. I got so many packages in the mail throughout the week from friends back east and a weekend full of fun fun and more fun. So thank you thank you thank you.

The weekend started off with a nice dinner in ktown of shabu shabu with some of my new small group friends. We celebrated December Birthdays. It was great food, great company, and great conversation. Then we ended the night with a little bit of rockband!

I was a rockstar on my birthday! Presenting...the Chive5!
Then on saturday evening HY, Annie, Linn, and Insun took my to dinner at the Yard near the promenade. I chose this restaurant because it's walking distance and Top Chef contestant CJ is the chef! Yum. But, if you're hungry don't go here. I suggest going for happy hour only.

Thanks for spending time with me!

I wore my boots with thick socks thinking it would be chilly. Turned out it was 70 degrees and I thought I was going to faint from all the heat building up in my body. I was forced to take off my shoes and socks in the restaurant.

Then us 4 girls headed over to the Terrace Theater in Long beach to watch the Nutcracker!

The little angel kiddies were SO cute. The flying big angels were SO freaky.

I chose to watch this Nutcracker because Ade, Melissa, and Jason from SYTYCD were in the ballet! So exciting. They were really good. This is the only good shot of one of the SYTYCD stars Ade.
Then we headed over to Gaam in ktown. Gaam...Our LA ARA.

With my Virginia family right here in LA.

My OC hotties who came all the way to ktown to celebrate with me.
Thanks everyone for making my first birthday in LA a memorable one! See you on your special day!

2 comments: