Tuesday, March 31, 2009

L&L Hawaiian BBQ - on Lincoln

Rating: GAP chungbajee

What is hawaiian BBQ?  I'm still wondering what hawaiian bbq means.  I guess I will find out when I go to Hawaii this July.  I had some platter at L&L Hawaiian bbq.  It was a combo of chicken, beef, and shrimp with rice and mac salad.  The mac salad is a little too mayonaisie.  And the beef tasted like bad bulgogi.  The chicken was dry.  The sauce they give you on the side is like a bad version of the sauce at the Texas bbq place at Tyson's mall in VA.  All in all I had a bad experience.

I had it for a second time over the weekend when the girls brought too much food home after snowboarding.  They got spam musubi, katsu masubi, and the platter thing again.  I only tried the masubi.  It was good, but too much rice.  The spam masubi made me feel like I wanted my mom's spam and dakwang kim bap.  L&L's was only good because I love spam.  It seems like Californians love this Hawaiian BBQ, but I don't get it.  I will eat this over mcdonald's or burger king and maybe take some visitors there because it is "different."  But it wouldn't be my first choice for a meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment