Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hurry Curry

Rating: Levi's chungbajee

I'm sorry that I do not have pictures for a lot of these posts, but I just decided to blog about these places and I didn't take pictures. After I review these, I'll make sure to take pictures for my future blogs.
Hurry Curry is a japanese curry restaurant. I have never in my life seen a japanese curry restaurant. Seems like there are quite a lot in this area. I took my mom here. I passed by it with Hye Young on the way to Sushi Mac and I didn't want to try it because I am not in love with curry. Then a japanese coworker recommended it too. So I decided to take my mom there. I of course looked it up on yelp before I went and it got pretty good reviews. We ordered the Katsu curry, house special Tokyo curry, and beef curry. It basically tastes like korean curry with different stuff in it. The chicken katsu itself was delicious. It was cooked nearly perfect. I would rather of had pork katsu, but chicken was what was on the menu! Nonetheless, it was good. The curry itself was just watever. The beef curry came out with huge pieces of tender meat. and the Tokyo curry was quite interesting. I liked it because it had a little different taste to it. It had a lot of little veggies and ground beef in it. It had the most flavor out of all the curries. But the whole time I was longing for spam in my curry and some refreshing kimchi to cut the heaviness of the curry.
The inside of the restaurant was cute. The crowd seemed like a lot of UCLA students. I would go back, but I don't think I would ever crave it. I'd rather make my own curry. Go here if you like curry and want to try something new. I gave it a Levi's rating because the food is good. Not bad at all, just not somethng I would crave...And mainly for the originality. There may be a lot of restaurants in this area like it, but as an outsider, it's definitely something unique to me.

Tokyo Curry - Photo from flickr

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand your rating system. Levis, Gap? Is Theory and Louis Vuitton good?

    ReplyDelete