Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BCD Soondubu - Western b/w 8th & 9th

Rating: Levi's chungbajee

*edit* soondubu = spicy tofu soup

This was my first meal in LA after the move. After I landed, I headed to my new place and then met up with Hye young and Dorothy for some great korean food. We finally decided on BCD for some soondubu. I have been here many times years ago when I used to party in Cali. But that was mostly after a drunken night, so I don't remember much from back then. I was pleasantly surprised to have massive amounts of banchan (small dishes) come our way! We got our own personal fish, gaeran jjim (steamed egg), and the usual other banchans. The ojinguhjut (spicy picked squid) is to die for. I love it. You can buy it there by the jar too. The soondubu itself was normal soondubu. It's good, but not amazingly mouth watering. You can find soondubu like this at any good korean restaurant you go to. I give this place a Levi's rating only for the awesome banchan which always makes a meal so much better. and of course - 24 hours. My favorite is at the end when they pour boricha (barley tea) into the stone pot with leftover rice. Yum. My mouth is watering just thinking about eating soondubu.

The company made the meal great too. After a sad goodbye to my lovely friends in DC, I landed in LA to see some very friendly faces! Thanks girls! Had a great first (and not so lonely) night in LA - nee duk boon ae!

3 comments:

  1. I agree... soondooboo was alright. Come try the place here, you might like it better! not lots of banchan though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what you're talking about! some of us aren't korean! pics and definitions please! I want to try soondubu too!

    ReplyDelete