Monday, November 30, 2009

Nature's wonders that California cannot offer


To coincide with my last post, even with the sun beaming down on you every day, there are still many things that California cannot give you. 

Last tuesday I drove with Dina back to Tucson.  After a long drive, as soon as we hit phx it started getting dark.  I finally opened the window, and to my amazement took a breath of the freshest, crispest air that I have breathed in 7 months.  I forgot what that kind of air felt like. It was awesome. 

Then as it got darker, I got a glimpse of the stars.  I was seriously in awe of all the bright shining stars in the sky.  I thought to myself "WOW this is what I have been missing.  No wonder people live here."  When I got home I immedietly took my dog outside and laid down looking at the beautiful night sky. Orion's belt was SO bright.  Amazing. Amazing.  You can't see the sky in California past all the nasty smog.  How can God not exist out there in that brilliant array of shiny things above our heads?

1 comment:

  1. You can see the stars like that at the Joshua Tree National Park. The 2 things I miss most about AZ are the sunsets and the night sky.

    ReplyDelete