Thursday, November 19, 2009

How the Grinch Stole Christmas in Review


So since I reviewed spring awakening, I felt obligated to do the same for the Grinch.  However this review will not be as thought out as my last. 

HY and I went to watch How the Grinch Stole christmas at Pantages Theater in Hollywood on Tuesday.  Susan sent me a deal for $30!  I was so excited.  It took us 2+ hours to go 15 miles from El Segundo to Hollywood.  O M G.  That was horrible!  It took me less time to go 40 miles to Orange County.  Ridiculous.

The Panteges Theater is awesome. it's so pretty inside.  However, the side seats were not so good.  I hate when you can't see one side of the stage.  But then again, who likes it.  Now that I've been there, I know never to sit on the side. 

The cast was semi good in my opinion. The judge from the show Night Court was old max. Hahaha.  Awesome.  I used to watch that all the time.  As for the preformance, I felt like their voices didn't carry out throughout the theater.  They didn't have "full" voices.  Or full movements.  I can't explain it.  They didn't draw me into the show.  Which is surprising because everyone in the cast had a long list of accomplishments to their name.  But this could also be because the lady behind me would not shut up. 

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  Maybe because it wasn't a drama like spring awakening, miss saigon, rent.  Obviously..it's a Dr. Seuss book!  I thought it would have awesome set designs and costumes like Lion King.  The set was good and costumes were cool, but honestly, it just was not that great.  I think HY enjoyed it more than I did.  I don't regret watching it.  But I would not pay another $30 to watch it again, whereas I would pay full price 100 to watch spring awakening again. 

But I will have to say...your kids will love it.

side note: I really have an urge to go home and watch rent.

1 comment: