Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hilarious Moments...aka embarressing moments

As I was walking through the hallways at work I started thinking about the most hilarious moments in my life.  Everyone has moments in their life that will be remembered forever. When getting together with old friends, these stories will always come up. And everyone will laugh as hard as they did the time it happened and the 20th time it is told.  These are probably the best moments with friends.  When you think of an old memory and laugh so hard your stomach hurts and your face is flushed.  It's so great sharing good memories together.  It is not only a great feeling because of the laughter, but also because you can see how far you have come since then in your friendship.  You know they are definitely laughing with you and not at you.

I could think of 4 hilarious moments in my life that I will never live down.  And yes, they are all somewhat embarressing.
1.  Passing some gas in showker very silently, but having eugene and eric notice because I started waving my hand behind my buttox.  Why I did that, I don't know.  But they were laughing violently and would remind me of it everytime I saw them.
2.  Giving Jisun the case for Christ book for her birthday.  You can ask eric what happened.
3.  Falling in my parking lot in Rosslyn on my 25th birthday.  Rolling under a car.  Screaming "YANG JI SUN YOU PUSHED ME."  Supposedly jisun was 10 feet away from me.  I'm pretty sure she pushed me.  From then on, I was forever named rolly polly. 
4.  My fortune cookie costume.  Which I still LOVE. My greatest idea ever.  No one agrees with me.
(Why do 3/4 of these stories contain jisun?)

There are also great stories of other people that I just can't help but mention. I will not divulge details to spare embarressment.  Some are truly stories of sheer embarressment.  These are all "you had to be there" moments.  And I hope whoever reads this, was there.
Yoojung: Valentine's day '99, stairs. AND missing soda, secret service
Dina: Halal Center, Stairs, Flying. AND vodka, rose garden.
Lisette: Orangina
Eric and Eugene: Camping, mysterious jungle animal...aka dog
Jungeun: Vegas, Trash. 
Jisun: STOP TICKLING ME!
Michi: This is not really a hilarious moment - but something we will all always remember about Michi.  Everyone throwing tobasco in their food before Michi showed up to chapter so she wouldn't eat it.  Which is even funnier, because this story is about her, but she will never really know what happened 5 minutes before every Chapter.  It went something like this. lookout person: "shes coming shes coming!!!"  everyone in the room:  give me the tobasco give me the tobasco.  "put it in the styrofoam!"  HOWEVER! i did not take part in this ritual michi.  Mostly because I do not like tobasco. Hahaha.
Yamuna:  Coastal Flats, Rain, Miriam picking us up


It's good to live life with a sense of humor.  Cheers to making more hilarious moments with you.

4 comments:

  1. I totally have heard of the Michi story. And her "sampling" ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on. when u went flying off the stairs. at halal center

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember all those embarrassing moments, bc i was there! hahaha

    ReplyDelete