Friday, November 6, 2009

Squash Face


So you will only truly understand this post if you speak korean. I will try my best to explain.  My mom arrived last night!  She is really into gardening these days and always brings things from her garden. I think her most proud veggies are these korean zucchinis called HOBAHK.  I don't really know what the actual name for them are in english.  Hobahk is used for zucchini/squash/pumpkin family veggies.  She wrapped them in saran wrap and wrote my name on them.  It says JEE IN on it.  My korean name. 

Well she hands me this giant round Hobahk with my name on it and the first thing that comes to mind: "Hobahk gah teun neh uhl gool!!!"  OMG.  THANKS MOM! 

Translation:  There is a korean song that little kids sing.  And the translation is this:  (obviously in english, it doesnt rhyme or sound like a song)

My face is like an apple
it is very pretty
my eyes are bright
My nose is bright
My mouth is also bright

My face is like a pumpkin
It is very ugly
My eyes are crooked
My nose is crooked
My mouth is also crooked

YOU GET THE POINT: she gave me a BIG Hobahk with my name on it!!!  All she did was laugh at me when I started singing the Hobahk song.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. I can read where it says "Jean" in Korean on the left one but I can't tell what those are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she really bring it to laugh at you?

    ReplyDelete