Thursday, May 28, 2009

Terror of the Taxi Men

I just got back from Las Vegas on Monday from Miriam's Bachelorette Party. I cannot divulge any happenings that went on during the trip, but do I have some crazy Taxi stories for you!


Taxi story #1: After my short flight from LAX, but 1 hr wait at the airport for the girls' delayed long turbulent flight, we finally made our way to the taxi line at LAS. There were chains going around and around for the taxi line. the walk was long from one side to the other. so we decided to jump over the chain because there was no one ahead of us in line. then this taxi man/ground transportation guy FLIPPED OUT! he started yelling at us and spoke into his little walkie talkie thing saying "these girls right here jumped the chain!" (in my head - um...what is going on?) so then the OTHER taxi line man got all mad too and opened one of the chain link things and made us WALK AROUND AGAIN! WHAT? and lisette said "not everyone jumped the chain." and taxi man #1 said 'WELL SHE HAS TO SUFFER FOR EVERYONE!" ok WHAT IN THE WORLD!? Then Hyojin started cussing up a storm and taxi line #1 goes "YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!" like it was a freakin baseball game. I'm so glad that hyoj was bitchin' at him 'cause the rest of us were all in shock not knowing WHAT in the world was going on. Meanwhile there is a huge line of people in the taxi line bedhind us staring in confusion as well.

After going back into the airport i looked for an airport manager. I was FURIOUS. Taxi man #1 and #2 must have gotten a salary cut 5 mintues prior to our arrival in the taxi line. no clue what happened. In the end, I couldn't find anyone to complain to. But I WILL be writing a letter to the Las Vegas Airport Ground Transportation supervisor.

Taxi story #2: Dorothy and I left XS earlier than the other girls. We hailed a cab to go from Encore to Mandalay Bay. On the way our taxi driver suddenly pulled over to the curb, opened the door, stuck his head out, and started puking!!! I immediately freaked out. I looked around and thankfully, we were near Trump. If you know Vegas, you know that going through the backroads from Encore to Mandalay Bay means 'middle of nowhere.' BOY was I thankful that Trump built his nice hotel off the strip. I started pushing Dorothy and yelling in korean 'nahgah nahgah nahgah.' which means GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT! She had no idea what was going on because she coudln't hear the taxi driver puking. We left the cab without paying and ran to Trump. Dorothy looked back and Mr. Cabby was still puking. I half feel bad because we don't know why he was puking. The cab didn't smell like alky at all. He could have had the stomach flu. Food poisoning. Or was on drugs.

I hate Taxi's.


But I love my friends...Happy Bachelorette Miriam!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. he was puking?! poor guy. he didn't get paid. hahaha

    we had a passenger next to minsun puke as soon as we landed in vegas. thankfully i didn't see it, but lisette and minsun looked like they were about to puke as well from the smell. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hyojin's response to the crazy airport taxi nazi. "get the F*ck out of my face. I'm gonna ride a limo." *tosses her hair* classy!

    ReplyDelete