Monday, May 11, 2009

San Diego = Paradise

Diet? What diet?

I drove down to SD with Hye young on Friday. I went because Kristen was coming into town. All I did was eat. Eat eat and eat. Wonderful! But it's ok. Back on top of things today. Friday I ate at Coyote Cafe again. I think that's what it's called. In old town with the bombest tortillas. I burned my thumb and index finger on the skillet because I grabbed it to move it out of my guacamole! O M G. It hurt SO BAD. i had my fingers on ice the whole time while eating. The ice made it so numb that I didn't mind. But as soon as we left the restaurant I was in PAIN! My fingers felt like they were on fire. First we went to target. They do NOT have burn cream. Then we went to walgreens. I got 2 kinds. NONE of them worked. I returned one. I basically had to sleep holding a pack of ice. But when I woke up it was all better. thank goodness! I wish I took a picture of my fingers. Because it was blistering SO BAD. It was pretty nasty. It's almost all gone now. Poor doro and HY. I was whining so much. DON'T TOUCH A HOT PLATE EVER!

Saturday morning we proceeded to go to the Cottage for breakfast in La Jolla. Delicious!

La Jolla Benedict. Eggs benedict with lotta veggies and canadian bacon.

SO GOOD! crab benedict. SO GOOD!

French Toast. Doesn't taste like french toast. but it is very tasty.

Bran muffin called king kong muffin. It's actually really good!

Then after stopping by target and meeting up with Susan and Kristen we went to the Lei Lounge at university heights. Another brunch place. This place is really nice. Nice atmosphere.

Sweet potato fries - will order again

Scallop omlet - scallops were good. Omlet in total was ok. I didn't think eggs and scallops made a good combo. They were both the same texture. Nothing exciting.

Crab mac cheese - anything with crab and cheese is good. But it wasn't fantastic

Monte Christo - ham, turky, and cheese on french toast. A little odd. The cheese and french toast combo made this very mushy. And the sweet and salty thing didn't taste right in this dish.

All in all - I would go here again because they have good cocktails and the decor is awesome. But the food is nothing to rave about.

Then we headed to the outlets near the border. After....Phil's BBQ! YUM!

Baby back ribs

Beef ribs

Onion rings (obviously)

Susan eating a humungous beef rib bigger than her face

Phil's BBQ is AWESOME! This is by Dorothy's house in point loma. We waited in line about 30-40 mins. but WELL worth the wait! We odered a full rack of baby back ribs and 5 beef ribs. THREE OF US COULD NOT FINISH THIS! I can't believe it. I think maybe because I ate all day long!

Then the eating continued in LA when I had an gogooma from gogooma lady at church, awesome tamale from the santa monica farmer's market, brunch again with linn, annie, and linn's cuz, and then annie's tuna casserole. Back to starvation mode for the week.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to SD the first week of June. I'm so hungry now. Good thing it's almost lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, we need to hang out again soon. Didn't we have 5 people eating those ribs...and we still couldn't finish? Yay for me though = dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went to the cottage AGAIN yesterday after church and to PHIL's last night. I had a whole plate to myself! 2 beef ribs and 1/4 chicken! mmmmmmmm. come to SD more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had my dream food weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, you should've had the center part of my omelet -- the combo of eggs, melted goat cheese and scallops was tasty. The outer parts (just eggs and scallops) was really bland.

    ReplyDelete