Thursday, September 17, 2009

What goes on in our subconscience


source
I chat with Niders every day through our work communicator. Today she mentioned something about a Praying Mantis and someone freaking out. It reminded me of the time I woke up and realized I squished a scorpion inbetween my fingers in my sleep. I don't know how Nida's story associates to my story, but that is what came to mind. A baby scorpion bit me on my leg and I squished it in my fingers. This all happened in my sleep. I'm sure I woke up the second this all happened. I ran to my mom with the scorpion still in my fingers saying I was going to die from scorpion poison. Hahaha..that is SO what I would do. We had to call those poison control people and basically they were laughing at me. Not blatantly, but definitely in their heads. My leg did go numb though.
I wonder what goes through our subconscience. I wonder how I automatically grabbed the scorpion and squished it. Is this pure survival? I wonder what cool things people have done without even knowing it. Aren't sleep talking stories the funniest?
During sophomore year I roomed with sillyooj in the dorms. For maybe about a month, every night around 3am she would push herself up onto her elbow, sort of face me, and do this laugh. EVIL laugh. And then plop her head back in the pillow. but she was SLEEPING! same time, same thing EVERY NIGHT! It totally freaked me out. I wonder what she was thinking. Maybe she was plotting to sabatage me in some way and would just be laughing at me every night for not know what I was to come to endure. Luckily, I am still here and have not been hurt by Miss Sillyooj ever in my life. That I know of...

No comments:

Post a Comment