Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rock and Roll Marathon San Diego

On Saturday, HY and I drove down to San Diego to see Lisette and Anna who visited from VA. AND to cheer on Dorothy and Anna in the Rock and Roll Marathon! Their first full marathon!! 26.2 miles! When will I be able to do that? Um...NEVER! That night we headed out to eat Italian so they could carb load before their race. There were 25,000 runners in SD that weekend. Wow! FYI: Only 13,000 finished the race.

So to be the best cheerleaders that we could be, Lisette, HY, and I headed over to target after dinner for some supplies. First we marked Doro's car! HWAITING!

(I know I am a total FOB because I forgot to write THE!)

Then we made three signs for the runners! Yes, HY decided that she had to write in korean and embarress all of us. Aren't the signs awesome!?

We even bought supplies to make ice cold lavender towels for after the race. I woke up early on sunday morning and prepared these while Lisette and HY were fast asleep. You drop some lavender oil into an ice bath, then soak the towels in there for about an hour. Then you must keep them nice and wet and cold till use.

It took us an hour and a half to get from Doro's house to the finish line with traffice and walking to the area. The finish line was inside the Marine Depot (whatever that is) so they checked EVERY spectators bag and used the hand held metal detector thing. It was a long wait.

THE CHAMPIONS did a great job! They didn't even look phased after running 26.2 miles. You guys inspire me! JAL HAE SUH!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. you guys rock!!! seriously, it was AWESOME having such great cheerleaders for my first full marathon!!! you guys did a great job!!!!!! love you jean!

    ReplyDelete