Monday, June 22, 2009

Can I be like Rafael Nadal?

Never.



I finally bought a new raquet. I'ts Rafael Nadal's raquet. After demo-ing 3 yonex raquets, some other one that was orange and this Babolat Aero Pro, I chose the babolat. Why? I have no clue. It was brite yellow and called my name. I liked it cause it felt good in my hands. The babolat website says this is an expert's raquet. HAHAHAHA. I am NO WAY near expert status. I won't say I'm a beginner because I've been playing tennis since I was maybe 11. I've had tons of lessons. But...I just suck. There's no other way to put it. My backhand is WEAK. With full CAPS ON WEAK. My forehand is pretty decent, but with no speed at all. My serves are 50/50. Either it's in the box or it's hitting someone in the head. I definitely can't play the net. But why do I continue to love tennis? Um...probably because it is the only sport I CAN somewhat play.
I paid way too much for this raquet. I could have bought it online for 40% less. But the lady at the tennis shop was so helpful and nice and so I've decided to support more small businesses in this horrible economy. If I'm going to buy it anyway, might as well buy it from someone who really needs the business that I can see face to face.

Ok new Babolat Raquet - help me hit some winning shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment