Monday, June 8, 2009

Little Tokyo

I finally got to explore little tokyo on Sunday. The first thing I noticed was that there was a yogurtland, pinkberry, and fiore within 100 yards of each other. I wonder which yogurt place gets the best business. If you love korean tart yogurt, check out this article. The beignning is boring, but towards the end they talk about the 'yogurt wars'. It's highly entertaining. http://www.eastwestmagazine.com/content/view/101/101/

Out of the three, I have yet to try fiore. I could not try it in Little Tokyo because they were FILMING! HY and I couldn't tell what they were filming, but they had a lot of equipment and a good amount of crew all over the place. Too bad we didn't see any celebs.

I was excited when HY told me about this mochi ice cream place. But I was a little disappointed when I saw that it looked like the same mochi ice cream you can buy at the grocery. So I didn't try one. But they also had other japanese treats.

Then HY introduced me to Imagawayaki! They are SO GOOD. They are little red bean pancakes from Mitsuru Cafe.

This is a picture of them making this great snack! They squirt batter on one side. then put a dollup of sweet redbean. On the other side (where it is empty) they put another squirt of batter. Then they take the side with the redbean out with a spatula and flip it on top of the other side of just batter which creates this delicious redbean snack you see in the front!

SO TASTY!

Then we checked out some cute japanese stores. This picture below is for Michi because she just loves erasures (from what I remember.)

I bought this orgami paper to make boxes. They are SO CUTE! I don't know what I will put in them, but I just had to buy it. I opened up the packages yesterday to check out the directions and it looked a little complicated. I will try it out tonight.

AND I bought this cute purse! This picture doesn't do it justice. I know it looks like it was made out of a japanese placemat. It basically was. But I LOVE IT!

All in all, I liked Little Tokyo. Chinatown has nothing at all. If you're in the neighborhood, go check out the shops and get a Imagawayaki!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. looks fun and tasty! I want to go! Any cute hello kitty things?

    ReplyDelete