Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Turn to Cook

Ever seen Annie came I have become super lazy. She cleans all the time and always has dinner ready when I get home! What a good life! The thing is, I love cooking. So yesterday I finally wanted to cook something. I was in the mood for soba noodles, so I went for a 'my style of japanese' meal.

Here are some yummy soba noodles. I didn't really cook it per se. I boiled the noodles for 6 minutes. Mixed the dipping sauce with 1 part sauce and 3 part cold water. And sprinkled some seaweed. bingo bango presto! Soba noodles!

I wanted to have protein with the noodles and all I could think of was the tilapia in the freezer. I bought some spices that Kat talked me into at Shecky's. So I just rubbed a key west citrus spice on the fish, put some lemons on top and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. (By the end of my workday I didn't want to eat the fish anymore, but I asked Annie to take it out of the freezer so I had to make it. haha)

This is one of my all time favorite foods! Abo Ebi! Avacado, shrimp, mayo, a touch of wasabi, and tomago. Mix it all together and it is fabulous! I put a little too much mayo in it though. Still delicious. Take leftovers and put it on toast. YUM! How do you like my plating? I've been watching too much food network star and top chef masters.

My mom's is better, but this is my third try at making agadashi tofu. Cut up tofu, drain out the water. Roll it in corn startch. Fry it. Add some green onions on top. Use tempura or soba sauce as the dip. Basically ponzu sauce.

L and A liked my dinner so I'm happy. I'm eating leftovers for lunch. Tonight I am in the mood for omoorice.

No comments:

Post a Comment